- The clear blue waters of Stockton Lake make Stockton State Park an ideal destination for water recreation. The 24,900-acre Stockton Lake was created when the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers completed a dam across the Sac River near Stockton in 1970. Since then, the lake has become a favorite spot for fishing, swimming, skiing, scuba diving, and especially sailing. The open topography of the area allows a dependable southwest breeze for sailing.
- Stockton State Park offers a beautiful area that is wonderful for bird watching, viewing wildlife, photography, fishing, exercising, and enjoying the beauty of nature.
- If you're feeling adventurous, take sailing lessons at our American Sailing Association (ASA) 3-Time Top Ranked Sailing School. Instructor Ben Jagears will teach you how to navigate the waters of pristine Stockton Lake and you will be sailing in no time!
See the Sailing School page for more information.
- If you're around in April, join us for the Annual "Havin' A Crappie Day 5k and 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk" to help raise funds to implement trails into the park for family enjoyment, learning, and exercise. See our Crappie Day 5k page to learn how you can participate, co-sponsor, or volunteer. Our goal for our 6th annual race in 2015 is to have over 200 participants!
- The park is a great place to bring the family for some summer fun. Check out our Other Events page for events such as Yoga in the Park.
- Stockton State Park is also a great place to log your miles for the 100 Missouri Miles challenge. Not familiar? You can run, hike, walk, bike, roll, swim, or paddle your way to 100 miles - all while enjoying our beautiful state. Visit the website to start logging today. It's free!
- Interested in bowfishing? Check out Show Me Bowfishing!
- After a fun-filled day of activity, visitors can relax and camp under the stars at one of the park's basic or electric campsites, or rent a log camper cabin, or duplex cabins with kitchenettes. If you have a larger group or family and want a great view of the lake, check out our newest addition - our 3 bedroom house.
Check out our Specials page for great deals on boat rentals and lodging throughout the season.
Would you like to bring your four legged pal to the park with you? Check out our lodging page for more information about the "Cabins for Canines" program. This program is currently available in the camper cabins.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Check us out on Facebook and Twitter!
Use #stocktonstatepark on Instagram and Twitter
Beautiful Stockton Lake
A few friends came to visit